Thursday, February 3, 2022

Episode Rankings: Vivy: Flourite Eye's Song

Deciding on my favorite show of 2021 between Arcane and Vivy was a tough task, but I honestly thing it was Vivy. It's a beautiful anime with stunning animation, killer fight scenes, phenomenal music, and an ambitious story that spans a hundred years. It manages to take some of my least favorite tropes (amnesia, time jumps, time travel), and execute them incredibly well. Every episode was great, but here's my ranking of its episodes:

  1. Ensemble For Polaris (Episode 4) - This episode has everything that I loved about Vivy. Stunning plot twists, amazing action, emotional tearjerkers, and beautiful music. That final sequence is jaw-droppingly beautiful.
  2. Flourite Eye's Song (Episode 13) - A satisfying and emotionally resonant finale. It's not as action-packed as other episodes but the focus on character works perfectly.
  3. Sing My Pleasure: Part 2 (Episode 6) - Playing the title theme during an action scene is an easy way to give me chills.
  4. Harmony Of One's Heart (Episode 9) - Hands down the best fight scene in the series. I think this episode really put Vivy on the map.
  5. Refrain (Episode 12)
  6. Quarter Note (Episode 2) - Great action, gutwrenching ending, beautiful animation, this episode hooked me on the series.
  7. World's End Modulation (Episode 11)
  8. Elegy Dedicated With Love (Episode 8)
  9. A Tender Moon Tempo (Episode 3)
  10. Sing My Pleasure: Part 1 (Episode 5)
  11. My Code (Episode 1)
  12. Galaxy Anthem (Episode 7)
  13. Vivy Score (Episode 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment