Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Episode Rankings: Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate is one of the greatest anime of all time, it's considered as such by pretty much everyone on the planet... except for me, apparently. I enjoyed Steins;Gate well enough, the dialogue is sharp, the twists mostly work well, the premise boasts a strong emotional core, and the time travel logic is very coherent. However, it has a very slow first half, structurally feels like a dating sim, and my god is what they do with Luka just horrendously transphobic. Still, I watched it, so here's my ranking of its episodes:

  1. Open The Steins Gate (Episode 23) - I may not have loved the show but it nailed its ending
  2. Achievement Point (Episode 24)
  3. Finalize Apoptosis (Episode 20) - This episode traumatized me
  4. Metaphysics Necrosis (Episode 13)
  5. Being Meltdown (Episode 22)
  6. Sacrificial Necrosis (Episode 16)
  7. Dogma In Ergosphere (Episode 12) - This episode traumatized me slightly less but it still traumatized me
  8. Physically Necrosis (Episode 14)
  9. Chaos Theory Homeostasis II (Episode 9)
  10. Divergence Singularity (Episode 7)
  11. Chaos Theory Homeostasis III (Episode 10)
  12. Endless Apoptosis (Episode 19)
  13. Missing Link Necrosis (Episode 15)
  14. Paradox Meltdown (Episode 21)
  15. Parallel Process Paranoia (Episode 3)
  16. Dogma In Event Horizon (Episode 11)
  17. Time Travel Paranoia (Episode 2)
  18. Interpreter Rendezvous (Episode 4)
  19. Prologue To The Beginning And End (Episode 1)
  20. Butterfly Effect's Divergence (Episode 6)
  21. Made In Complex (Episode 17)
  22. Starmine Rendezvous (Episode 5)
  23. Chaos Theory Homeostasis I (Episode 8) - Luka deserved better
  24. Fractal Androgynous (Episode 18) - I repeated, LUKA DESERVED BETTER

No comments:

Post a Comment